Saturday, March 15, 2008

Functioning Distance

It has been quite some time since my last post. I have always been more of a talker than writer, but that is something I am trying to change. In my role as counselor, I learn a great deal and I feel that it is part of my life path to be a messenger, so I am attempting to keep this blog as updated as possible.

The messages and lessons for the past few weeks have all centered around scarcity. There is a space where we sometimes get trapped and believe that we are not enough. This place would have us believe that we don't have enough of anything: food, clothes, money, etc. This "scarcity thinking" leads to "scarcity action" and before you know it, much like chicken little--"the sky is falling."

As divine beings, we all have the power to create our existence. With the popularity of The Secret, the Law of Attraction has been popularized, but at the same time misunderstood. Not only do you have to think it, you have to be the action that brings to you the things you want. But here's the rub-you don't need everything you want.

We cannot forget that the Universe, God, Ancestors, Spirit Guides know best. We as humans have only a very narrow understanding that no matter how heightened, is still only able to handle a few perspectives at a time. Sometimes what we want, in the long run, isn't good for us. And sometimes, we are our own greatest challenge. Scarcity is a reflection of being at "soul's edge". If you imagine your self as a point inside a circle, abundance happens when you are closest to center. The closer you are to the edge of your being, the closer you are to scarcity.

It is not always easy to remain centered, but it is imperative that you stay away from the edge. Life requires that you move and change, but growth happens when you are able to recognize scarcity and pull yourself away from the thoughts and actions that lead to discord. I have watched people around me in the last few weeks, and it is intriguing to see how we all deal with the pace of living.

As a ritualist, I realized earlier this year that a centered perspective was not going to be easy to maintain without ritual and herbal support. In preparation for a huge event, I felt myself gravitating towards the edge. In helping a colleague, I found a way to pull myself back to center and tether myself like a kite held by a rock. A daily tonic of ginseng, cinnamon, ashwaghanda, triphala and shatavari along with various tea blends enabled me to function at a distance. The constant offerings to me at my personal altar, created the necessary balance between this world and the next.

Instead of being in the "fray" of my life, I am now able to remain at center and handle things from almost an objective point of view. Yes, there are times when I want to smack someone, or even yell, but it's different now. Not being "caught up" is helping me work better and it is also allowing me to tap into that limitless divine energy that we all have access to.

In the end, the distance allows for clarity, without losing sight of what needs to be done. It is so necessary to remember ourselves as we journey and even more necessary to support our journey with sacred and divined action. We are human, but we are of God as well, to focus on one more than the other creates a schism that leads to the edge. Trust your instincts and honor your whole self, otherwise life will always be one of scarcity.

Take Care-
IA