Saturday, February 14, 2009

Getting Ready to Step Into the Light

Greetings-

I was in the midst of preparing for today's workshop, when I was struck to stop and take a minute to reflect. The past few weeks have been really hectic as I prepare for an event that I produce called "When Harlem came to Paris". The event itself is a lesson in mediumship as the artists involved portray actual figures from the 1930s. There is no script, so the artists must learn about the people they are portraying and "become" them for the night. The buzz is building and it has me in awe of the progress I have made along my path.

Recently, I did a radio interview with Amina Carter of WomanSphere By Amina and we talked about many things. She said I was a "pioneer" and I found that an uncomfortably fitting description. Surely, there were people before me who traveled the same path and as the saying goes, "There's nothing new under the sun." But as I sit here and do a mini review, I think Amina may have a point and I humbly accept the compliment. I am determined to live a life that has width and depth. Everything I do reflects that desire and even when things don't pan out as I would like them to, the effort of digging deeper is always worth it.

Life is more than what you make it, it is also how you live it. I am presenting at "Loving Self" today, because there are things I want to share and feel are valuable. There are so many things at our disposal to make this life a little sweeter. The talk today will be a great deal of fun; I can feel it! In pulling the seminar together, I am more than excited, I am at peace. Things are moving in a forward direction and the goals I set so long ago are coming to fruition. As scary as it looks sometimes, I am ready to step into the light and be recognized and noticed. I want people to see that it is possible to live a life of width and depth, but it takes hard work, action and most of all faith. The light is truth and in that truth there is no place to hide, so take heart and know that we are all built for the journey that we are on and embrace those things that you want--fully.

IA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were at your workshop today and it was beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your light.

Much love and gratitude,
Shadia, Christine & Suzanne
(the trio)